Friday, October 31, 2008

Introducing myself to the blogosphere

I never thought I would have a blog, but here I am...giving it a shot.  I have been doing taxes and accounting for more than 10 years and a Certified Public Accountant for 8 years.  I do tax planning and preparation for individuals, small businesses, non-profits, benefit plans, estates, trusts...you name it.  I also prepare financial statements for those various entity types.  I have been using QuickBooks software since I began my accounting career back in 1997 and have been a Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor for the last several years.  I provide setup, training, and troubleshooting in QuickBooks software.  I pay Intuit (the parent company of QuickBooks) an annual fee and take an annual certification exam to retain this qualification.  By no means do I receive a commission from the sale of QuickBooks products.  On the other hand, I can get discounts (20% in most cases) for my clients on QuickBooks products, and I have access to United States based technical support.  The latter being probably the most valuable feature of my affiliation with QuickBooks.

I have observed many things during all these years in the world of taxes, accounting, and small business...what works and what doesn't.  I plan to discuss those things here in this blog.  Not only on the federal level, but also from a state and local perspective.

Beginning in January through April, when year end reporting and tax season start taking up more of my time, the posts here will probably become shorter and less frequent.  However, I will make an effort to post with some observations made during this next tax season that I hope will be helpful and informative to the readers.  It will also help me to improve tax season efficiency as it will be documentation that I can refer back to as how the season went and how things can improve.

If anyone has suggestions for topics of discussion, especially tax related, please let me know.  I will not give specific tax advice here in this blog but will answer general tax questions. 

No comments: