Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Year End Payroll Filings

January is the fun month of quarterly payroll reporting along with year end payroll filings.  Lots of form printing, collating, envelope stuffing, etc.  Technology does make it so much easier and I just have to sing the praises of a form filler program that I have been using probably back as far as 2001.  It is called 1099-etc by Advanced Micro Solutions.  The interface of the program hasn't changed a lot since then.  It still looks like something that you would see running in Windows 3.1, but it is so easy to use and inexpensive.  I recommended it to one of my colleagues and she loves it too.  It does laser and preprinted form filling of all the federal and state payroll forms that you could possibly need.  It also has an after-the-fact payroll module that then transfers to the forms as well as e-filing capability.  The bulk of my clients use QuickBooks so I am able to print most of the forms from there, but I do have many clients who either do not use QuickBooks or they prepare their payroll manually.  1099-etc saves me so much time.  

No comments: